As beautiful Danielle LaPorte put it so eloquently in her book The Fire Starter Sessions:
"Knowing how you actually want to feel is the most potent form of clarity that you can have. Generating those feelings is the most powerfully creative thing you can do with your life."
Journal how it is you want to feel sensually, in intimacy with a partner, before sex, during sex, and after sex.
Write in present tense, as though you are telling the story of "A day in the life of [insert your name here]". It might feel awkward at first, but trust that writing is one of the most efficient acts of self-realization.
Allow me to jump start this exercise for you, but of course feel free to create your own statements:
- "Today is the best day of my life yet. I woke up feeling... and I am ecstatic to...
- "Today, I desire to do/accomplish...; thinking about it makes me feel...
- "I see/hear/smell/taste/touch this heavenly [insert noun], which makes me feel...; it just makes me want to...
- "His/her kiss/touch feels like...; it just makes me want to...
- "While making passionate love with [insert name], I feel...; I want him/her to...
Write and let it flow!
Keep this story handy, yet private. Read it every night before bed, and every morning when you wake up, before you start your day.
- Take time to reflect on your answers: Which ones surprised you? Which ones do you want to transform?
- Buy new bedding in warm or neutral colors if necessary
- Research/source decor and art that speak to you
- Make the first night in your "new" space and bed a ritual: take a hot shower, moisturize, light up a candle and revel
- Implement every day until we meet again